I started out with a plain canvas tote bag and used the following glitter colors and glues:
- Helmar Gemstone Glue
- Art Glitter – Dries Clear Fabric Adhesive
- Art Glitter – #361 Cat Eyes Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
- Art Glitter – #358 Jungle Ultrafine Glitter
- Art Glitter – #109 Calvado Ultrafine Glitter
- Art Glitter – #280 Lime Rind Ultrafine Opaque Glitter
- Art Glitter – #332 Red Rocket Chunky Opaque Hologram Glitter
- Various flat-back crystals and rhinestones
Here’s how it turned out!
I did the design freehand… which isn’t that difficult to do with the simplicity of the flowers I created. I started with the glittered flowers, then decided to paint on the white poinsettias and little white flowers and then added the green leaves using acrylic paint. And just kept on adding rhinestones, more rhinestones and more glitter.
I love this Helmar Gemstone Glue… it really holds those little rhinestones on VERY well. And they bend and move with ease. I’m really impressed with this product!
So much so (and was having so much fun) that I set out to do another bag packed with crystals… that Helmar glue held up perfectly!! I did this all freehand, too.
For the above, here are the glitter colors I used:
- Art Glitter – #24 Royal Wink Ultrafine Opaque glitter
- Art Glitter – #270 Chesapeake Ultrafine Transparent glitter
- Art Glitter – #D14 Gunmetal Dazzlers glitter
- Art Glitter – #D10 Gypsy Dazzlers glitter
- Art Glitter – #609 Grape Arbor Fine Vintage Glass Glitter
Imagine what you could do to any ol’ boring canvas bag!